Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Breadmaker, Black

Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Breadmaker, Black Reviews



More Picture

a href="http://www.amazon.com/review/R369UP5UGBR3LJ"Watch Video Here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R369UP5UGBR3LJ/a I normally do not write reviews but I am so amazed by this product, I just have to!br /br /I choose to eat foods that do not have preservatives or additives whenever possible and so I bought this bread maker so our family could have pure whole wheat bread.br /br /The product showed up and I was excited but very intimidated by it. I had purchased a bread maker in the past (I don't remember the brand) and tried to make a few loaves but all we (me and it) ever produced was rocks. LOL! br /br /So, I left it on the counter for a week.br /br /Then, one day, when I had time to relax and to be mentally ready for the experience, I opened it up and noticed that it came with a DVD. Whew!!! I was so glad to have this DVD! I ended up never really reading the book, but instead just watched the lady on the DVD.br /br /But after reading all the recipes, I was disappointed... none of them were actually 100% whole wheat. br /br /I had purchased three other books as well (Bread Machine Magic, The Bread Lover's Bread Machine, and The Breadman's Healthy Bread Book) but NONE of the recipes suggested in any of these books were truly 100% whole wheat either.br /br /I wanted to make natural nutritious bread (like the kind that Great Grandma might have made). br /br /I KNOW that great grandmother didn't have access to "baker's flour" or "Vital Wheat Gluten"!!!????br /br /The Breadman's Healthy Bread Book contained "whey" instead of baker's flour or vital wheat gluten, but still, I didn't want to have to add milk proteins like in whey...br /br /I then went online to research a question, "Why does whole wheat bread need additives like baker's flour, vital wheat gluten or whey?"br /br /I found something very interesting. br /br /Evidently, whole wheat flour (even organic) has been stripped of the gluten (and possibly other vital nutrients) so that it won't spoil on the shelf. The yeast in the bread needs gluten in order to rise. So, this is the reason for these additives... to add back the gluten...br /br /Great Grandma just used pure wheat...and (not being stripped of any valuable nutrients) it had everything needed to make perfect bread...br /br /Hmmmm... I pondered this a bit and then got the idea that I would grind my own wheat so that it would contain the nutrients necessary and not need addititves... So,I used my Juniper grain grinder and ground up some wheat grain (with all the gluten and nutrients intact).br /br /I then modified the recipe that comes with the machine.br /br /The "100% Whole Wheat Bread" Recipe:br /br /1 - 7/8 cups of water (I used spring water and added 2Tbsp of goats milk (instead of the dry milk listed below) to the water keeping the total amount at 1 7/8 cups)br /2 Tbsp. of Dry Milk (See above) br /5 cups of whole wheat flour (I used my freshly ground flour)br /3 Tbsp. Sugar (I used organic sucanat - which is organic dehydrated can juice)br /1 1/2 tsp. salt (I used sea salt - specifically real salt brand)br /4 Tbsp. Vital Wheat Gluten (I just added four more Tbsp. of my freshly ground wheat flour)br /2 Tbsp. Butterbr /3 Tsp. Rapid Rise Yeastbr /br /I then waited for my rock... br /br /I was absolutely sure this time that I would get a rock.... br /br /Especially since I have NO experience with baking and even had the nerve to modify the recipe...br /br /But what happened?br /br /A MIRACLE!!!!!br /br /THE BEST BREAD I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!! br /br /It was BEAUTIFUL!!! It was exactly the same size and consistency as a "normal" bread loaf. I gave some to my son and best friend and they too were amazed... br /Our eyes were rolling and complete silence as we treasured this amazing TRUELY NUTRITIOUS food!br /br /This is going to change our lives!!br /br /I just made a sandwich from the bread and it is incredible... I toasted it first for my son (He likes all his bread toasted) and it fit perfectly in the toaster!br /br /Amazing!!!! br /I am telling everyone!!!br /br /I am making all my friends bread for Christmas!!br /br /The above picture is mango whole wheat bread that I just made today. br /If you would like for me to post the recipe, just let me know.

Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Breadmaker, Black Feature

  • Dual-blade bread machine makes rectangular-shaped 2-pound loaves
  • 10 pre-programmed settings; 3 crust shades; LCD control panel; 13-hour delay timer
  • Large viewing window; removable nonstick bread pan for easy cleaning
  • Measuring spoon, measuring cup, and user manual with recipes included
  • Measures approximately 9-5/8 by 17 by 12-1/5 inches
The Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker includes several features such as: an exclusive Home Made Menu function (with three memory settings) a user friendly and easy to read LCD control panel, dual kneading blades, a traditional rectangular shaped 2 pound loaf pan, and measuring cup with spoon.


Go tO Store Now !!

More Products

  • 125 Best Gluten-Free Bread Machine Recipes

More Reviews

Worth the price... - Alzathome - First, read and follow the directions. Anyone reading a bad review of this product should question whether the reviewer read the manual and followed all directions on the use of the machine. Then, whether he/she properly measured all ingredients and put them in the exact order shown in the recipe.br /br /Not getting high and mighty on you -- 'cause I didn't fully read the directions and made 2 mistakes. 1) Make a depression in the dry ingredients and pour the yeast into the hole. 2) Only put in the amount of add-ins specified in the recipe.br /br /For my first loaf, I added a bunch of raisins and pecans when the machine beeped to indicate it was time to do this. I didn't measure them. I woke up to a hard, lop-sided loaf. Operator error! I admit it. :-)br /br /I'm one of those "a pinch here, a pinch there" cooks who likes to wing it and experiment. But for now, I follow the directions EXACTLY. And, the loaf comes out the way it's supposed to. What's worth the money on this machine is the loaf pan shape and 2 paddles that make a normal shaped loaf that's easy to slice.br /br /Another lesson: Make sure the paddles are pushed down completely (they should click into position). I neglected to do this on one paddle and it didn't mix the ingredients prior to the rise cycle. Rather than log into Amazon and post a scathing review of the product, I recognized that it was, again, operator error. Mixed it by hand in the pan then took the dough out and finished it by hand (ultimately baked in the oven not the bread maker).br /br /Finally, be sure to grasp the pan and tilt it toward you before pulling it up. The directions tell you to do this, but I didn't fully read them before trying to pull the pan straight up.br /br /A great bread maker, totally worth the extra dough. :-) (I can hear y'all moaning at that pun...)
Oct 27, 2010 06:04:15

0 comments:

Post a Comment